Why people who promote 8 years to watch porn needs to be opposed
She is a fraud (as seen from her interviews and social media posts)
Hence she has to be opposed
As simple as that
1. Agree that she is fraud. But Others may be genuine. Why all these Non Medico Influencer’s have to be opposed
They comes with few expected side effects (adverse reactions) and few potential risks
Expected Side effects (adverse reactions) are
- Their Knowledge is Limited and many don’t have read more than 20000 words on that topic (50 pages of A4)
- Their Confidence is very high and many are on the Peak of Mount Stupid in Dunning Kruger Effect
- They not just talk on what they have read (assuming that what they have read is from good sources and not garbage) they also answer with extremely high confidence when asked a related question (about a topic they have not read) and patients get wrong impression
- The money being spent on them leads to less money being spent on essential items like Doctor’s Consultation, Drugs, Lab Tests etc
The Potential Risks are
- They can promote unwanted items like Cerelac (or such equivalent items)
- They can oppose vaccines
- They can oppose Institutional Deliveries
- They can promote Home Deliveries
The first example costs just money, but the other examples cost lives
Even the expression “just money” has to be used with a pinch of salt because the problem in Indian Healthcare is lack of money to pay to doctors, nurses, drugs, food, equipment and not shortage of doctors, nurses, drugs, food, equipment. Hence any unwanted expense cannot be just brushed under the carpet as “costing money alone”. Anything that costs money in due course costs leads to lack of adequate consultation, nursing care, drugs, diets, equipments all of which are needed
2. Don’t our practices need change? Why not adopt new means and adapt to new means?
Of course, Our Practices do change and we need to adopt new means and adapt to new means. But this change in protocols and practices must be done carefully.
You don’t introduce a new drug without doing studies
But when it comes to introducing protocols, they are done and whims and fancies in the past 3 decades. The expected side effects (adverse reactions) and few potential risks of that scheme / policy / change is not at all taken into consideration.
Those who supported inclusion of healthcare under consumer courts did not think about the expected side effects (adverse reactions) and few potential risks of such act. Those who promoted Clinical Establishment act did not compare expected side effects (adverse reactions) and few potential risks with what they are trying to achieve
Same way, when you want a lactation consultant, Parenting Coach etc, you need to look into what all these can bring to the society in general and healthcare delivery in particular
Merely promoting these with a short sighted views or because few of such people are your personal friends will be wrong
3. The Time Spent per patient by a doctor in a Govt PHC / GH is less. Not all can be told in that limited time? Why not appoint the influencers and pay them?
The Time Spent per patient by a doctors in a Govt PHC / GH is less because there are less doctors and more patients.
There are less doctors because govt does not have money to appoint more doctors
In this case, from where do you have money to appoint a lactation consultant who will look only after lactation.
You can appoint a nurse / doctor in that money and they will be helpful to a larger sector of patients
4. Even in Private Doctors don’t explain for 30 minutes. What is wrong in paying Rs 3000 to this influencer
Pay this Rs 3000 to the Paediatrician and he/she will explain for 30 minutes. Why is that you are not ready and willing to pay Rs 3000 to a Paediatrician for 30 minutes of his / her time, but want to pay a Quack the same amount. Think Think Think
5. Don’t we need More Empathy in Indian Healthcare than we have at present ?
Yes We need. But in any relationship, Empathy has to work both ways. Doctor has to feel for that patient and patient has to feel for the doctor and patient has to also feel for other patients. That is what is called Empathy
If Patient demands doctor to spend 45 minutes with him / her and “suck away” the time to be spent for other patients or “suck away” the time to be spent by the doctor for other purposes, that is not Empathy. It is Exploitation
I have been hearing this word, empathy for the past few years in healthcare. But in every context I have heard it or seen it is actually an demand for exploitation which comes cloaked with empathy.
Next time, you hear this word, pause, think, check whether what is demanded is empathy or exploitation and remember to tell me what you learnt.
6. What is Ego Massage
Ego Massage is defined as the act of spending scarce resources and money are recurrent and non recurrent expenditure which has no benefit in treatment process, but just satisfies the overbloated and useless ego of a patient and / or his relative
7. I have so many problems with our healthcare system. I suggest improvements. But you shoot down my ideas. Don’t you want to improve ?
The problems with our healthcare system are plenty. But 99.99 % of that is due to lack of money. Let me repeat. We don’t lack doctors. We don’t lack nurses. We don’t lack lab technicians. We don’t lack OT Technicians. We don’t lack EEG Technicians. We don’t lack Radiographers. We don’t lack Equipments. We don’t lack skills or raw materials to build a building. We don’t lack drugs. We don’t lack raw materials for drugs. We don’t lack consumables.
But what we lack is the money and willingness to spend money
- We lack the money and willingness to pay the doctors
- We lack the money and willingness to pay the nurses
- We lack the money and willingness to pay the lab technicians
- We lack the money and willingness to pay the OT Technicians
- We lack the money and willingness to pay the EEG Technicians
- We lack the money and willingness to pay the Radiographers
- We lack the money and willingness to pay for the Equipments
- We lack the money and willingness to pay for the Builing
- We lack the money and willingness to pay for the drugs
- We lack the money and willingness to pay for the consumables
So, bottom line is : When the problem is due to lack of money, suggesting a costly solution will aggravate the problem and not solve it. Your ideas are shot down immediately because implementing them will cost more money and increase the problems and we will have more problems than we have now.
8. What is wrong in spending more money ?
We can spend only what we earn. If TN GDP is 15 lakhs Crores per year, you cannot spend more than 90 thousand crores (or 6 percentage for health). If the Total Govt Expenditure is 3 lakhs crores per year, you cannot spend more than 18000 crores per year for Govt Institutions
If you are spending more, it means that you are going to spend less for some other department like Education, Roads, Agriculture etc and that is going to be a bigger disaster in due course
What you should
- Step 1 : Know how much money you have
- Step 2 : Device protocols based on that
As per the current GDP, when we don’t have money for having more ambulances or having more Cath Labs or having more Theatres or more blood banks, spending money for Lactation Consultants is a strict no no
9. We have health insurance. Our Company Pay our Insurance Premium. Why not have lactation consultant being paid under insurance?
Before Answering this, I will ask you to check this yourself
- How was Detroit in 1990
- How is Detroit today
If you have checked you will find that Detroit was one of the richest cities of USA in 1990 and today it is one of the poorest cities. What happened in Detroit is a case study for doctors and especially those who support Health Insurance, Consumer Courts, Ratings etc
Detroit had lots of car factories (Remember that Chennai is called Detroit of Asia) and had one of the largest populations under Regular Employment and hence most people were covered by Health Insurance being paid by the Employer (aka Car Factories). Because it was totally paid by the employer (of course that is a part of salary, but employees did not realise it as it was deducted at source)
And many hospitals got established there and they were over charging the patients. Because many or workers in industries, many occupational diseases were common and for these hospitals were over charging.
- They made protocols by whims and fancies
- Increased cost of Health care
- Increased the Insurance Premium
Seeing this, the insurance companies raised the premium for car workers and the premium kept on increasing and at one stage, the salary (Insurance premium + Take Home) increased so much that it was not profitable to make cars in Detroit
That is how Chennai became Detroit of Asia
Demanding Luxury in healthcare is a sure way to ensure that you don’t get the mandatory healthcare.
10. What I demand is basic. It is not luxury. How dare you call it luxury?
As explained above, what is basic and what is luxury can be determined based on the GDP of that Family / Street / Town / State / Country and not based on the individual’s whims and fancies.
Assume you earn 2 lakhs per month. You can travel by 3AC. But some one who earns 40000 per month can travel by SL only. Now, what happens when you make all coaches as 3AC. Two problems will happen
- The 3AC coaches will not be full
- One who cannot afford this will have to walk instead of train
In long run, since the 3AC coaches are not full, the train will be stopped. Same way, when you demand luxury in healthcare, hospitals will be forced to close in due course. Just like what happened to the hospitals in Detroit.